Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog
Click on photo to come visit me there!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Toto.........I don't think we're in Texas anymore

Or at least that's how it feels......
In the early morning, heading out with my faithful Sophie, to take care of the chickens and ducks, I opened the door........................
snow........beautiful, white, quiet and still, falling.......
Texas only gets snow ONCE a year......if we even get that at all. We have now gotten it 3 times since Thanksgiving.
I quickly awaken from my daze to remember that I have a whole load of clothes hanging out on the line. My dryer just recently took vacation and the last batch of clothes were not dry last night. Hanging out over night, I was sure they would be dry by mid morning.
As I sit here, with damp clothing hanging over every chair in the house, I am enjoying the view from my window. With no wind, the outside temperature is tolerable with a coat on, so I am going out to sit in my favorite spot on the front porch, with steaming coffee in hand, just to enjoy the solitude.

3 comments:

  1. Next time, wait til they are frozen solid, and beat the ice off... then hang them up, they will be dry and soft in no time! (broken dryer in chicago, years and years ago)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I'm going to follow you regardless of which blog you are on. I know I'm losing a lot by not be able to embroidery, or have a place to farm. You truly are blessed. And I am glad you stopped my place a couple years ago and introduced yourself. Blessings for this New Year is yours in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kathleen - I'm looking forward to your new blogs. I've checked into your cooking blog from time to time and borrowed some tips there. I'm going to enjoy your gardening blog and your farming blog, too, as I'm jumping off into it again this year. I've had my garden for two years and have learned alot already but still have so much to learn. I'm going to do a few things differently this year. I have yet to get a greenhouse, but it's in the works. I'll be checking in on you - wherever you are in blogland!

    ReplyDelete

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:1