Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog
Click on photo to come visit me there!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

From The Hen House

I have just returned from delivering eggs to a customer.
Even though the weather has turned rigid and freezing,
the nest boxes are full. Usually the hens stop laying through the cold spells and don't start back up till early spring. I have a young group of hens that I just got this past Mother's day. They are the ones who are hard at work. I have just sold 3 dozen eggs today. This customer takes what she doesn't use and sells them at her work place. Which is a great help to me.

Rose, one of my older hens, is occupying her favorite nest box. No eggs from her, but she's making the younger hens competitive. Doesn't she look proud of herself?

2 comments:

  1. thank you for your visit and kind comments, love your blog too, I am a country girl too-moved to the ozarks of missouri for our retirement-so we live in the woods

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, my hens are laying well, nice large brown eggs! These are the big black hens my husband insisted on getting as chicks last spring at a TSC store. Now I am glad he did!

    ReplyDelete

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:1