Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog
Click on photo to come visit me there!

Monday, December 14, 2009

Sprouting Pine Trees

I learned how to spout pine trees from a little elderly man at a local flea market a few years ago.
He explained what I needed to do, then gave me a bag of pine cone seed. I did as he said and was successful. However, something, (probably a mouse) got into the greenhouse where I kept them for the winter, and ate them down. One more lesson learned the hard way.
I have since sealed the greenhouse, and for the winter season, it is sealed in plastic and has a heater. Since the strong winds blew the other day, I gathered the fallen pine cones and extracted the seed. I plan to sprout these out and once again, see how they will do in the greenhouse. I am hoping to grow the trees big enough to sell later on.


2 comments:

  1. That is most interesting, I like trying unusual things, have to go out and find out what a pine cone seed looks like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. think you could explain the spouting method you learned? that would be great, i've been scouring the web looking for info but have had little luck.
    thanks
    -dewey
    albatross86301@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:1