Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog
Click on photo to come visit me there!

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Greenhouse Potting

The wind and dirt took the past couple of days off and I was able to get outside to work.
I dug up several shoots of the heirloom Jasmine and potted them into containers. These will leaf out by July, and I hope to sell them with other plants at the market. I have had this Jasmine for many years and it has grown out so well. This particular Jasmine can't be ordered from nurseries any longer...............at least that is what I have been told. I was advised to find an abandoned home or foundation where this still grows and dig it up, if I wanted any. I was able to do just that. A remaining foundation was about to be dug up and plowed over for a new parking lot.............I was able to get the Jasmine and am so glad I did.
In the greenhouse, the containers of Daffodils are sprouting!
I love these cheery yellow flowers!

On the fence post by my potting table, curious Salem is close by to offer his help. Snow and ice are supposed to be on the way, so I hope to get a little more outside work done before it hits. There is so much to be done yet.



1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog and enjoyed reading through it all the way to the start. I particularly enjoyed the picture of Salem on the fence post near your potting table. A little late, but welcome to Pleasant Prairie.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:1