Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog
Click on photo to come visit me there!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dusty Winds

For the past week, the early mornings have greeted me...........
looking like this...........
A wonderful welcome to the new day. A promising day of ground to dig in and things to sprout.
However, by noon, the days have turned to this...........
Dark orange skies and choking dust blowing from the strong gusts of the west Texas wind. With half of the cotton fields blowing over the farm. I didn't get the chance to work outside much this week. Just to feed and water the outside animals, was a process of hanging onto my jacket as the wind blew against me, and feeding and watering in a rush to get back inside..........
away from the charging tumbleweeds and the sting of the dirt. But living in Texas all of my life.......it's what I am used to and considered as a "normal day" during this time of year all the way to summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:1