Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog
Click on photo to come visit me there!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Grass

Last night's heavy fog left us a thick coat of ice stuck on the brush, trees, and grounds, here at the farm. A good time for picture taking. Sophie has gotten so used to the things I do, that at the moment she sees me grabbing my camera,she knows that it is a sure unspoken statement that we are going for a short walk.
Now my complaint..........grass.
I spent the last part of yesterday afternoon, until sundown, clearing the flower/asparagus bed that surrounds my greenhouse fence. The small area that my greenhouse sits on was once made and used as a small garden by the folks who previously lived here. I used it for that same purpose, and then for flowers for the first couple of years I was here as well, even placing a chicken wire fence around the posts to keep varmints out. Now the greenhouse takes up half of it and I have room for my potting table and to grow some things if I wish to do so. The asparagus was here when I moved in and has done very well in production. In the rest of the bed, I plant flowers of one kind or another. No matter how hard I work to cut and clear, grass always comes back and grows the thickest I have ever seen! You know, it's funny, where I want grass to grow, and no matter how much I water and take care of it,.......it doesn't grow like the pictures in the magazines show.........and where I don't want grass to grow, and spend all of my time and strength to dig it out..........it grows supremely well! Isn't there a Murphey's Law about grass somewhere?? I am sure there is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:1