Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:11

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog

This Blog Has Moved and Joined Eggs In My Pocket Blog
Click on photo to come visit me there!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

In The Quiet Of The Woods

Even though at this time of year, the woods that surround the farm are still, bare, and quiet,..............it's one of my favorite times to walk around and explore the secrets it is hiding among it's thorns and brush. I have to say, also, that the woods are one of my favorite things about where I live. It would not be the same to live out in the open with nothing but cotton fields to look across.The moss and fungus that exists on some of the trees is such an interesting thing to look at. Some times it is soft like velvet and deep green, sometimes it is a jade color and rubbery. I know that one day when I grow too old to live this far out, and I have to choose to live in a cubicle in town............I will look back on these days when I was free to roam and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands........" 1 Thessalonians 4:1